1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. GTA Network forum is now in archive mode.

[Tutorial]How to make commands

Discussion in 'Tutorials/Documentations' started by Float, Jan 18, 2017.

1. Float

Float Member

Hello guys.

I am same new guy as you , i guess and i just wanted to help you (if you're new) to script some commands!

Let's start.

First of all , you should have basic understanding under C#.

Here is an example how to start scripting command:
    Code:
     [Command("your command name")]
    Then second thing you want to do is create a PUBLIC function in order to execute your command.

Code:
     public void YourFunctionName()
            {

}
    Your command name can be anything you want , except the functions that already exist in your scripts.

The Parameters

Now , parameter are the things that you write in game after your command as follows:
    Code:
    /yourcommandname parameter1 parameter2 parameter3 (and etc...)
    These parameters can be used to target a player , to give a certain gun ,with a mod and amount of ammo that you want.For example , let's give command executor a weapon:

Code:
     [Command("weapon")]
            public void WeaponCommand(Client player, WeaponHash hash)
            {
                //API.givePlayerWeapon(Client player, WeaponHash weaponHash, int ammo, bool equipNow, bool ammoLoaded);
                //                         player             hash              500        true           true
                API.givePlayerWeapon(player, hash, 500, true, true);
                //Instantly gives player a weapon that he typed.
            }
    So as you can see Client is a variable type (mostly the player that writes the command) and sender is a variable that stores the player ID (as far as i understand),secondly WeaponHash is also a variable type that is used to hold weapon hashes (weapon names for ex. WeaponHash.Railgun , WeaponHash.Pistol) So basically you write /weapon weaponname and the function takes "weaponname" as WeaponHash.

Let's try playing an animation for a player that we want:

Code:
     [Command("playanim")]
            public void OnPlayerRequestAnimationCommand(Client sender, string target)
            {
                //We create a varibale to store a playerID and we set it from his name by using native function
                Client player = API.getPlayerFromName(target);
                //If player exist in server we execute the command
                if (player != null)
                    //API.playPlayerAnimation(Client player, int flag, string animDict, string animName);
                    API.playPlayerAnimation(player, (int)(AnimationFlags.Loop | AnimationFlags.OnlyAnimateUpperBody | AnimationFlags.AllowPlayerControl), "mp_arresting", "idle");
                //If not we send a message to the executor that there is no such player in server
                else API.sendChatMessageToPlayer(sender, "Player doesn't exist.");
            }
    As you can see we will write /playanim playername and if the player exist it will play cuffed animation on a player that we want , by sending playername to a string and converting it to PlayerID with a native function API.getPlayerFromName(string name).

Alternatively player can stop his animation with this command:

Code:
     [Command("stop")]
            public void OnPlayerRequestToStopAnimation(Client sender)
            {
                API.stopPlayerAnimation(sender);
            }
    Or more complex , you can stop animation for a player:

Code:
     [Command("s")]
            public void OnPlayerRequestToStopAnimation(Client sender,string target)
            {
                Client player = API.getPlayerFromName(target);
                if(player != null)
                    API.stopPlayerAnimation(target);
                else API.sendChatMessageToPlayer(sender, "Player doesn't exist.");
            }

Feel free to ask question , i'm new as you too.Forum veterans , feel free to correct me or suggest better ways if this is wrong , i'm just writing what works for me and what i learned , because there isn't much in wiki right now...

Last edited: Jan 18, 2017
    SheetTek likes this.
  2. VFRZ

VFRZ Active Member

Currently the wiki is more complete for commands, you dont write anything about GreedyArgs and Alias ...

Olaf likes this.
  3. Float

Float Member

What are those?

4. VFRZ

VFRZ Active Member

5. Bitdevil2016

Bitdevil2016 Member

Hi can send Commands per menu.js <- Example file Name?

Or must all covert to extra Events?

6. Olaf

Olaf Member

You must use Events for this.