1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. GTA Network forum is now in archive mode.

Press Events and PR matters

Discussion in 'Media Gallery' started by Brad, Apr 27, 2017.

1. Brad

Brad Active Member

I think it would benefit GTA:Network, if we have certain days reserved for "Press Events". It would operate similarly to how the PC gaming community has press events, except it would be digital. These event dates would be listed in a lot of places, and they would include links for YouTubers and other media to sign up to join. They would have benefits like a custom role on the discord server, or being told that they can get to hyped up answers before everyone else(they can then post it on their channel for their subscribers).

The (not-really-that-eval) Plan: We get the hype train going with some super secret sauce, we let the "media" get to the information first, in order for them to make content with said sauce; hyping their channel and GTA:N up in the process. During these "press events", the media can have brief interviews with some staff members. As well as hyping up updates for privately owned servers and GTA:N, these "press events" can give us valuable PR opportunities, where we have the possibility to show off what GTA Network can do to people who don't necessarily know what it even is yet. (through having interviews with public figures)

On another note, I assume that having a newsletter system to deliver super important notifications to users would be a good idea. It can be used for these situations: If the master server or parts of the site are going to have planned downtime for maintenance(would sent in advance), A very critical security hole has been found("security is one of our interests, this is how we fixed this issue. Do this from now on."), or if we need the userbase to know something else very important.

2. Trust37

Trust37 Well-Known Member

I really like that idea. I hope we can get something like this.

Brad likes this.
  3. MissMelissa

MissMelissa New Member

I think what you're essentially suggesting is to just send press releases to YouTubers when there is a new devblog/announcement/preview/thing. Not sure giving "the media" early access to information is a good idea, it would be unfair/untransparent considering the fact that this is still in beta. If we weren't in beta I would agree it could be a good idea. (It's even a common practice with game publishers to do this, temporary exclusivity)

Brad likes this.