1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. GTA Network forum is now in archive mode.

Jordan's Beginner Webpage Tutorial

Discussion in 'Tutorials/Documentations' started by Jordan, Jan 9, 2017.

1. Jordan

Jordan Member

[​IMG]
    I've decided to modify/amend a free one paged website template to suit the GTA:V theme so that project creators can display a relatively trim template on their domain(s). I'll outline a simple tutorial beneath on how to get it onto your domain, hassle free. If you have any questions you can reply below this thread so if another user has a similar query they can relate if answered.

[​IMG]

1. Download the webpage files and extract the folder named "GTAV Free Website Template" to your desktop.
    2. For editing purposes, open the folder up and right click onto index.html then head to line 11 to edit your tab title. Mostly likely it's your server name that sits there.[​IMG] [​IMG]
    3. If you plan on editing any other texts, simply CTRL + F and type in what prints on the webpage into the bar what pops up then press find. You can then replace or alter by typing it onto the selected text area. After editing/altering anything, CTRL + S to save it for uploading.
    4. When all the editing is done, enter your public_html (root folder) area in your host and drag or upload all the files in your folder. [​IMG]
    5. When it is uploaded, head to your domain (www.servername.com). If you want to view the webpage offline, all you need to do is drag your index.html file into your web browser. Adding links is relatively easy, the a href attribute represents a link all you need to do is add or replace the current "#" with your URL between the quotations. If you have any questions, post it below the thread.

Moderator action: Download link removed, read post #10

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 6, 2017
    Dlazzy and Voxel like this.
  2. Ritsu

Ritsu Member

i-i thinkt her'es no package to download

3. Jordan

Jordan Member

There is a package, it's located in the first step. I'll make it more noticeable. Refer to quoted text beneath for the download. Implemented a download button.

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 6, 2017
  4. Ritsu

Ritsu Member

not sure if its only me but the right-top buttons after being edited i can only open them if "open link in new tab". however the other url buttons work.

5. Jordan

Jordan Member

My bad, try the new package available. It should provide a permanent fix, thanks for the heads up.

6. Roel

Roel Member

Please use a decent upload website, this one is full of shit...

7. Squalalah

Squalalah Well-Known Member

This download button reminds me those who make you download music in .exe format

Use github or gitlab, it's more simplier.

8. Jordan

Jordan Member

Noone messaged me in regard of it being unavailable. The download link works fine.

9. Haki

Haki Member

Can i take it for a base and modify it as i want ? :=)

10. Adam

Adam Staff Member Administrator Webmaster Developer

Please read the rules concerning hosting files on external servers that may make the files inaccessible after a pre-defined amount of time.
    Please have a look at the forum rules.
    If you want to use external file hosters, consider uploading the files here first.

Action taken: Download link removed until the files are uploaded here.

EDIT: The files were uploaded here by us due to the fact that OP's last activity was in February.

Attached Files:

Last edited: Apr 6, 2017