1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. GTA Network forum is now in archive mode.

GTA Network has died

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by JohnLew, Jun 8, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JohnLew

JohnLew Member

No longer are users on this platform, all went to the stolen copy. If you want to win new users, let them play with the cracked game.
    If you do not do this, it is best to close the project and not leave the few who are waiting for something magical that is not going to happen.

The last update only added new bugs, with that you thought that the big servers would return?

Do something different, even the launcher is the same as the copy (with more bugs).

2. Vance

Vance Well-Known Member

Pirated version will never be supported. I don't think you actually read the changelog of the last update. If you are in our Discord server you'd know that we have been pushing hot fixes. Finally the launcher has been ours since the start. Lastly what bugs are in the launcher, looking at your posting history I don't see any reports from you.

cheech, Zellcore and Charpur like this.
  3. JohnLew

JohnLew Member

Do not be so closed minded, evaluate all the possibilities to know what can be the best.
    One of the bugs of the launcher is that it does not save the GTA.exe path and requests it every time the launcher is opened. Not to mention that it has no functionality other than to display a list of servers. I would like to help you with the launcher programming but obviously you will not want to.

I read the changelog, but I'm talking about the bugs that are playing and not reading a log.
    Game frezze (or slow camera), pointer of the mouse on CEF, car dissapears, people walking in the air. The previous version was much better.

And again, if you do not do something different, the servers will continue to opt for the stolen copy. And something different I mean something big, not some simple fixes or implementations useless or insignificant. An extensive changelog is not something "big".

You worked hard and I understood, but you did not focus on what you ought to do.

4. shotaxx

shotaxx New Member

not sure if trolling or just no clue about development facepalm~~

5. Xabi

Xabi Member

Well, most of the bugs you mention over there are already fixed...

6. JohnLew

JohnLew Member

7. Xabi

Xabi Member

Good servers take time to be developed.

8. JohnLew

JohnLew Member

With that thought we are going straight to failure, allways waiting for... something that will never happen.

Compare both platforms and look.

9. Xabi

Xabi Member

Well, that's just you point of view, I have a completely different idea on my mind about the situation.

The developers are doing a great job and now, after releasing the big update, they're making smaller and faster releases, aiming to bring the people back.

Zellcore likes this.
  10. JohnLew

JohnLew Member

Use the logic and you will see everything in a different way.

11. Xabi

Xabi Member

Ok, now could you explain me the meaning of the life? You seem to have the answer to all the questions in the world.

12. xeon17

xeon17 Member

The support of the cracked copy of the game would increase the player count.

And I agree the new launcher is useless. You just had to re-design the in-game launcher and add some features such as server list sorting, player and server search and make it more like MTA, simple and easy.

About the recent update, the FPS has improved a lot and the game is running much smoother, but the bullet sync has disappointed me. I simply can't imagine myself creating a deatchmatch gamemode with the current bullet sync. I hope the bullet sync will be improved soon.

In my opinion, one of the reasons why so many people switched to the other multiplayer mods is because of the unfriendly administration here. I have been banned on the Discord server for saying my opinion about the recent update. And I guess the same is going to happen here too :/

13. Oxigent

Oxigent Member

If you don't like something, get the fuck out. How I hate people like you. Devs are doing great job, and I will definitely open my server, which Is almost complete, to this platform, and It will bring at least 50 players. Talking about last update, they fixed all the fucking crashes, that copy mod still has. And once again, If you don't like something you are free to leave.

14. croky

croky Active Member

is this a joke?

15. Hazes

Hazes Active Member

That "stolen copy" you're referring to will be taken down by R* sooner or later. It's about time people should appreciate the work of developers, times have changed.
    Remember this project is huge, it takes a lot of work to make something like this, yet it's free for me, you, and everyone else. If it doesn't mean anything to you, you're not a developer or you can't think long term.
    Why support thieves? If someone steals your shoes and decides to sell them on bazaar, would you recommend your friend to go and buy shoes there bandit~~ ?

It took me about an hour to get my server up to date after update ( and I'm doing C# for like.. a month ? ). And 9 days for the team to fix all major bugs.

My friend has managed to buy GTA V for 5$. It's not really hard to earn 5$ or buy games cheaper on web if you google for a while.

This project ain't dead, it's just born.

Zellcore and croky like this.
  16. Katalina

Katalina Member Developer

Feel free to appeal this via PM to Staff. We don't ban people because they have negative opinions, there was a method behind the madness.

17. Vance

Vance Well-Known Member

You are free to provide your opinion here, but so far everything you've mentioned has either been fixed or is in the process of being fixed or made. If all you are going to do is complain about a free mod that has been made from the ground up without any GTA: Online code, you are more than welcome to leave. We don't run a typical server community here. We have a product that is in beta that we build and work on in our free time. Problems will arise, complaining about them does nothing, providing helpful information and helping us troubleshoot is worth much more.

If anyone wants to discuss this further please send me a private message.

vlad.bidla and Zellcore like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.