1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. GTA Network forum is now in archive mode.

GTA:N Basic web page

Discussion in 'Tools' started by Haki, Apr 6, 2017.

1. Haki

Haki Member

Hello,

I've been looking to use some website to have something to show the futur players of my server. There was one somewhere here on the forum but has been deleted.

I made my own index page that will contain the main informations.
    I'll be improving the website to create a fully working site that will include :
    • Login/Register
    • ControlPanel (User first and then maybe adminPanel)
    • Forum
    • Contact

[​IMG]

For the moment, i did this really quick, i don't have plenty of time to make everything work.
    I'll post the updates here, next thing i'll work on is the contact part and the login/register.

Everything on it is in French at the moment, you can change it if you want, you can't see the pictures also, i'm at work posting this, i'll be updating it in the evening.

Put your suggestions down there :=)

Last edited: Apr 6, 2017
    Vagabonden likes this.
  2. MrPancakers

MrPancakers Active Member

I suggest a lot more content when you wanna release something like this. So far it looks like a document that could be made in 10 minutes. Just be sure to ask yourself, why would someone use this over something that's already released? Such as other website templates out there on the internet.

Considering you released this though, I'll give some feedback.
    1. Inside the HTML file you've mistyped 'style.css' as 'styles.css' so straight away the CSS doesn't work with the document, not sure how that happened if you worked on it. For anyone who doesn't make websites(this is who your primary audience will be), they'll see a basic document and stop using it.
    2. Replace the copyright symbol at the bottom with "©", it's an HTML entity of the copyright symbol.
    3. Make the page mobile responsive. Your primary audience will be desktop users, but returning players may come back on a mobile device and having it sized correctly would be a lot easier on the user.
    4. Change the A links to actual buttons, rather than styling the link to look like a button. I notice you just did things like <a href="#" class="button-1"> but instead you could just go <button id="btn1" href="#">Button Text</button>

3. Haki

Haki Member

It is indeed something i did really quickly (on notepad lol) :=)
    I'll improve it later when i can, and look at what you just told me

(i just fixed the style.css)

Edit : I uploaded the images folder, made changes that @MrPancakers suggested and made it compatible with mobile phones (except the images at, they don't display on the right size, i'll fix that later)

Last edited: Apr 6, 2017
  4. DurtyFree

DurtyFree New Member

Looks clean and good!

5. Vagabonden

Vagabonden Member

Hope to see more updates :=) !