1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. GTA Network forum is now in archive mode.

[EN/DE] GTA: Opposing Forces [TDM/Strategy] - Tired of roleplay?

Discussion in 'Server Advertisements' started by Natural BOT Killer, Mar 22, 2017.

1. Natural BOT Killer

Natural BOT Killer Member

Last edited: May 14, 2017
    SnoopDo2G and StreetGT like this.
  2. Cionnaithh

Cionnaithh Member

photos not showing but yes, I am tired of role play I need some DM servers

3. Phrenetiick

Phrenetiick Well-Known Member Language Board Moderator

oh wow a non-roleplay server, am I dreaming?

- Ronfy and Cionnaithh like this.
  4. GoKkuU

GoKkuU New Member

Waiting for the opening! :=D

5. W115

W115 New Member

Damn, this is everything i've ever wanted in GTA.
    Are there plans to move into the city?
    Is the character bound to a faction or at each log-in you can choose which side you want to play?

6. Natural BOT Killer

Hi W115, we're glad you like the concept!

We plan to use the city for events, example given "Battle Royale", where you fight inside a constantly shrinking battle area, until only one winner is left.

Your account's xp(level) / money will be seperated for each faction. That way we will prevent players from switching teams to gain advantages. You can still switch factions at any time though.

Last edited: Mar 27, 2017
  7. W115

W115 New Member

So when is it coming out?

8. MissMelissa

MissMelissa New Member

That's what I thought at first too, but then I scrolled down and noticed a lot of roleplay elements so now I'm skeptical :I

Phrenetiick likes this.
  9. Draex

Draex Active Member

No needs to worry, this server is not meant roleplay server at all ;D

Our intension is to create a unique tdm gamemode, were you can choose whether to play with tactical elements or not. One example i can give are the zones: there are currently (yes allready implemented and working) two different types of zones (~30 in total) you can capture. There are standard zones which are meant to be easy to capture, the only thing you get from capturing them is xp (needed to unlock other classes). The second kind of zones are zones, which are organised in so called cartels. A cartel consist of 3-5 zones. When a team controlles more then 50% (current implementation) of the zones the team will get a small advantage, such as slowly regenerating health and so on (depending on the cartel).
    BUT: The most features (as well as the xp) are compulsory, so if you don't care about them, you can just take a car, drive to another teams base and start a battle there. Talking about xp and classes: You will be able to unlock new classes fast, the standard class will stay the best overall class though. One advantage of the xp is, that we're able to prevent new players from playing classes which are to complex to understand if you don't know the server mechanics yet.

A few more things:
    • I hate pay to win, so there wont be any pay to win system on the server
    • I've never understood roleplay in sa-mp, was always boring for me, so no roleplay elements also
    • The thread is not very concrete yet, we will change this during the next week(s). Expect amazing screenshots!
    One last thing since it hasn't been mentioned so far:
    Currently our team consists of 2 developers, "Natural" (mainly frontend, thread starter) and me(mainly backend). The third person supporting us is a friend of us, who's helping us with testing/vehicle placement and so on. Our development philosophy is: quality>quantity, no one likes buggy servers, so we take our time there

10. MissMelissa

MissMelissa New Member

Sounds nice! Looking forward to seeing more.

11. Vektor42O

Vektor42O Active Member

Amazing server! I already want to play on it. Keep up the good work!

12. Natural BOT Killer

Our planed release date is 30th of April.

Don't worry Melissa, there won't be any roleplay elements, I don't think you could count XP (Level), Classes and Teams as RP elements, as they're also typical for online shooters (Battlefield for example).

Glad to hear so, we're counting on you on release date. (30th of April)

Preyker likes this.
  13. Draex

Draex Active Member

I'm glad to announce that after 2 long days of hard work we finally got our website online :=D
    Since you've been asking for more details about the gamemode we tried to put down many infos about the concept, like the class and zone system.
    Also, we've uploaded some screenshots of the current development state and published them in the forums.
    During the next two weeks we will create a development blog, where we'll note down the features that we've implemented.
    At the moment about 70% of the mentioned features are implemented.

Check out the page and you got any suggestions for the gamemode or some feedback for us, we'd love to hear it.

Preyker likes this.
  14. W115

W115 New Member

Do you need people to test?

15. Draex

Draex Active Member

Sorry for replying so slowly, we had to take our time to make a decision ;-)
    We agreed on that we'll take a few tester in approximately one week.
    The condition for that is that the (development) server ready by then.

So everybody who want's to become a tester, just contact natural or me per pm

16. Xt[A]sel

Xt[A]sel Member

Hello guys!

i'm really proud to announce, that we are close to finnish a trailer for our server! Dreax, Natural and me were working for arround 14 hours on the weekend, to finnish a trailer which give you a better view of our server. At the moment Natural need to cut the scenes together, so this will take arround three more days. I hope u will enjoy our trailer!

Maybe some of you will now ask, who am I ? I take part in the porject since the beginning. The problem is that i have no idea about coding or scripting. So i will take part in the server as a kind of "community manager". Im the preferred guy u should ask, if u have questions or need help or something else! If u want to know more about me just read my introduction, link below.

I hope to see all of u at the server opening event.

We still looking for testers! Just send an E-Mail to info@gta-op.com

Stay cool, Xt[A]sel

Introduction link: https://forum.gtanet.work/index.php?threads/xt-a-sel-in-the-house.3730/

Preyker likes this.
  17. Preyker

Preyker Member

well i did so on 18th april but haven't heard from you since

18. Xt[A]sel

Xt[A]sel Member

Thats O.k! If you contacted us on E-mail you are confirmed as a tester. You will get an E-mail from us soon.

Thanks for your Help!

Xt[A]sel

Last edited: Apr 24, 2017
    Preyker likes this.
  19. Draex

Draex Active Member

Important announcement!

The planned opening will not be on April 30th. We will open the server on May 14th. instead.
    We had to change the date because we haven't got as many features implemented that we think the server is ready to be opened yet. Our testserver is already running, but the recent tests have pointed out that we need to rework a few thing as well as we need to add a few more other things.
    During the next days we'll set up a small development blog on our website where you can track the current state of development and bugfixes.

Thanks for being patient,
    hopefully we can please you with some great news next time :=)

20. Sout12

Sout12 New Member

Pretty excited for this to come out, so its forsure confirmed coming out May 14th And if it is, what is the max players in hee server?